Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Alan Rickman



Alan Rickman was this week's challenge on Caricaturama Showdown. There were a lot of entries portraying him as Prof. Snape from the Harry Potter films, so I wanted to show a very different side of him for variety. I remembered that he was in the Richard Curtis film, Love Actually, a delightful romantic comedy with a great ensemble cast. So here is my caricature of Alan Rickman from that role as a compassionate office boss who plays cupid for two of his employees, while also trying to avoid falling into the trap of an extramarital affair with his comely young secretary. Check out this great scene from the film where he tries to discreetly purchase a Christmas gift for the girl while his wife is off elsewhere in the department store, and he runs into trouble from an overzealous jewelry counter clerk played to perfection by Rowan Atkinson.

10 comments:

Juan Bauty said...

Perfect as usual!

Emily Byrne said...

Great drawing, I particularly enjoy the way you drew his mouth expression. Thanks for the link to this movie...TWO greats playing off each other!

Seema Virdi said...

lol he will forever be professor snape to me. really great caricature pete! (as always :))

Will said...

=) I don't know how you see the world but dam it must look awesome =).

Raawr

Gaurav Ghongde said...

"Fantastic caricature", Sir I am 14 years old and I am a BIG fan of you. I am learning to draw caricatures. Please see my beginning caricatures on my blog..

Ricardo Cantoral said...

Hans Gruber baby !

blogspot1993@.com said...

Beautiful drawing that is.

Picachu said...

awesome caricature of prof. snape!





_______________
pokemon battle

Jamila Bharath said...

Alan Rickman! My favourite actor meets my favourite caricaturist (caricaturer? caricatristo?)! Can it be? This is beyond amazing. The only thing that could possibly make this better would a follow-up drawing Emma Thompson :)

Xavier said...

Love your work!
You use the pen tool for the ink efect?